Saturday, May 17, 2008

Village verses City










A few months ago, I was able to visit a village school. WOW! I really did step back in time of what felt like 100 years. I do thank God for what they do have, but how my heart wanted to scream out for the children to have more. One thing I did notice was how happy the children were. There was lots of laughter and singing of songs pouring out of the cement blocks that had high ventilation holes towards the ceiling and a few windows. I would have to guess that there were at least 60 children pressed in together in a very hot room.



A few days ago, I found out that in our neighborhood, a very nice christian lady has opened a school in her home. It started out as just a daycare/preschool, but in the past four years it has grown from 9 students her first year to over 60 children. She I believe to be 5 teachers and a cook on staff.


She asked that I would pray for the Lord to give her a new establishment because she has out grown her home. She said her vision for this ministry was not as big as what God is making it out to be. Madam Seli is taking it one step at a time and trying to go slow to let the Lord lead.

She has secret she told me, that I want to pass onto you. She said that her secret is to teach these children all about Jesus. It is a private school and some parents pay a small amount and some don't.

If anybody who is reading this blog feels anything to help Seli and her endeavors, she gave me a small list of things she is in need of. I have a friend, Venita that is coming here June 14 to visit, and it maybe possible for her to bring some things. Email for further info, if interested. Most of all Madame Seli has asked for prayer.

Let me say this, from what I saw, I believe in what she is doing. Madame Seli is very educated and actually lived in Manhattan, KS for 3 years and worked in our American schools. She is trying to implement all that she learned but is so limited due to lack of resources and funds.





(first 2 photos of the village school, llast photo of Madame Seli and one of her classrooms)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i miss you guys more than you know!! i love you cant wait to see you in a couple months!!!!! AHHH TiME HAS FLOWN SOOO SOO MUCH! i miss togo A LOT!

love you!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

hello to my africa family!! Its your daughter-in-law. Just wanted to pop in and say how much we are missing ALL of you. Jaxon needs some lovin from nana,paapa, and aunt jen. LOVE YOU

Anonymous said...

Ginny is it you? Thank you Jesus i have found you!!!! and your on a Mission!! you look wonderful!! and i love to read your writing....ginny i'm here cali and need to give you some news from home can you call? 760715-4122 if not i understand i will stay firm in my prayers for you and yours while you do Gods work!!Love always Marva

Anonymous said...

AWWWW ginny jennifer is beautiful!!!!!! simply gorgeous!! and you my friend are simply graceful!! the years have been good to you!! I'm so glad!XOXOXOXOX Marva

jlarmie said...

Ken & Gin,
I don't know if you are checking this regularly now since you are currently in the States, but I want you to know, I am so moved by your blog. I was unaware of this while you were there. I just read all of them and had to stop. I was reading at school and didn't want my students to see the tears. I know God is using you in such a tremendous way. I am SO coming to BF!!! Make way for me! I am so blessed to have such great friends with such hearts for God!